Written by Greg Nuckols
1. Obviously the best way to get your squat up is to squat more – but these are the best of the rest; these are the exercises that’ll help push your squat to the next level.
The Best Accessory Lifts for a Bigger Squat
2. Bodybuilders have different goals from powerlifters, so they need to train the squat differently. Unfortunately, most of them screw it up. If you want Platz-esque quads, this article is for you.
Squatting to Build the Wheels – How Bodybuilders Should Train the Squat
3. Think everyone should squat the same? Think again. Optimal form depends largely on your sport and your goals.
Squatting Specifics – What Technique is Best for Your Sport?
4. You know the gym hero who can never hit his PRs on the platform? A big part of that may be cutting too aggressively to make weight. Learn how to prevent that here.
The Case for Cutting Slow – Top Fat Loss Mistakes for Powerlifting Part III
5. You can’t build a huge overhead press if your shoulders are always dinged up, and should health requires stable scapulae.
Stabilizing Your Scapulae for Overhead Pressing
6. Powerlifting training is useful for athletic development, but it’s not the end-all-be-all. Here are the advantages, and the drawbacks to training athletes powerlifting-style:
The Pros and Cons of Powerlifting for Athletic Development
7. If you’re a powerlifter, it doesn’t matter what you lift in the gym if you can’t bring it on meet day. Here’s how you can give yourself the biggest chance of crushing PRs when it matters.
8. The do-or-die moment in the squat is the dreaded sticking point. Here’s how you can have more “do” and less “die” on your heavy lifts.
Don’t get Stapled – How to Make it Through the Sticking Point of the Squat
9. Volume is one of the most important factors in program design. You’d better understand what it is, and the effects different levels of volume can have if you want to train as effectively as possible.
10. Trying to squat huge weights without a strong foundation is a fool’s errand. Here’s how to nail your setup and be ready for big lifts.