Built by SOUTH
Powerlifting

The JuggLife: Injustice in the USAPL

Powerlifting

The JuggLife: Injustice in the USAPL

Recently Keith McHoney, USAPL Champion in the 66kg Class and American Record Holder in the Squat/Deadlift/Total, was passed over the 2017 IPF World Team, going against the World Team selection procedures. Chad and Max discuss why this may have occurred and expose the reality of ‘the honor’ of being on the IPF World Team.

Team Juggernaut

Juggernaut Training Systems is a group of athletes and coaches dedicated to leading from the front and providing people with the highest quality information from true experts to help them achieve their goals.

READ MORE BY Team Juggernaut

8 Responses to “The JuggLife: Injustice in the USAPL”

January 06, 2017 at 1:57 am, Sonia Manaena said:

Thankyou for such a very clear cut honest discussion on what needs to be changed from the top down for Elite World IPF Powerlifters. My 10yrs of Powerlifting all in one Review by you guys Spot On and you hit the fuckin nail on the head (NEW ZEALAND SAYING LOL)
All the Best Keith McHoney
Make it Honest & Right USAPL ??
Regards Sonia Manaena
2 x IPF 84+kg 2012,2013 World Champ
New Zealand ??

January 06, 2017 at 8:34 am, Chad Wesley Smith said:

Thanks for listening.

January 06, 2017 at 7:59 am, Keith Schneider said:

My father, Dave Schneider, was not selected for the USAPL Masters World Team this year. Last year, he was all prepped and ready to compete when his “coach” emailed him saying he picked his attempts. This “coach” *Cough*Paulie Steinman*cough* wouldn’t share the attempts with my father and became unresponsive to emails and didn’t communicate with him until AFTER he was in Killeen. In the end, my dad shared what attempts he wanted to take and the “coach” told my father ‘he wasn’t able to lift that much.’ (Yes, that’s a quote.) The “coach” wouldn’t even consider my father’s choice attempts so I’m the end he decided not to lift. Imagine paying all that money, training and then not lifting. My father is a Masters lifter and has been competing since the 70s with a pretty lengthy resume. Then there’s this “coach” who maybe competed once telling him what to do…

January 06, 2017 at 8:34 am, Chad Wesley Smith said:

Sorry to hear that Keith. I was informed about your dad’s situation last night as well after we recorded this.

January 06, 2017 at 9:47 am, Keith Schneider said:

I was very glad to hear that someone actually took action in making these situations more well known. I appreciate the podcast. My father and I are working on spreading the word too.

January 06, 2017 at 3:56 pm, Marc W. Morris said:

“you actually have competition” at IPF Worlds.

January 06, 2017 at 4:14 pm, Marc W. Morris said:

Do you guys think being a successful training/prep coach translates into a being a successful meet day coach?

January 07, 2017 at 9:05 pm, Chad Wesley Smith said:

No definitely not, but it should be the athletes choice who advises them on the day, if anyone.